SENIOR MACHINE LEARNING ENGINEER
Machine learning engineer with more than five years of experience with strong analytical skills and a wide range of areas of expertise. Experienced in advanced machine learning and data science techniques. Experienced in software engineering best practices including unit testing, integration testing, and system monitoring and alerting. Knowledgeable in project management tools, processes and techniques. Strong people skills, with wide requirements gathering and system design and architecture experience.
Machine Learning, Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, Software Architecture, DevOps, RESTful Services, Microservices, Software Engineering, Python, R, .NET, C#, C++, SQL, AWS, Terraform, Object-Oriented Programming & Design, Software Testing
Senior Machine Learning Engineer, Quicken Loans Family of Companies, June 2015 - Present
- Developed and deployed models developed by Data Scientists as microservices.
- Assisted in integrating production systems with machine learning models.
- Developed and deployed software to both cloud and on-premise platforms.
- Architected a Data Science platform to help deploy models more quickly and easily.
- Worked on a model monitoring service that can be used on a wide range of models.
- Promoted software engineering best practices through code reviews and training.
- Developed user interface website to give access to Data Science models.
Teaching Assistant & Research Assistant, Western Michigan University, September 2012 - May 2015
- Gained experience in research, analysis, technical writing, and publishing.
- Performed original research in the area of Machine Learning algorithms.
- Collaborated with professors to write and publish papers in journals and conferences.
- Taught computer and programming skills to classes of 20+ students.
- Assisted professors in Data Mining, Databases, and Compiler Construction classes using R, SQL Server, and Java, among other technologies.
Software Developer, Surefire Software Solutions, October 2011 - May 2013
- Developed ETL software to automatically gather data for business reports.
- Developed a sales reporting system from scratch using PHP/MySQL.
- Developed custom reports according to requirements provided by customers.
- Developed a distributed POS system along with a management website using PHP/MS SQL Server.
- Worked extensively with customers to define needs and goals in order to design software systems.
English Teacher, Samhyook English Institute, South Korea, August 2010 - May 2011
- Taught conversational english to classes of 20+ students and worked as branch coordinator.
- Gained planning, leadership skills, and multicultural communication skills.
- Planned and executed lesson plans for many different knowledge levels, from grade-school to professional.
Ph.D. in Computer Science, September 2012 - May 2017 Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, Michigan, GPA 3.63
M.S. in Software Engineering, September 2009 - December 2011 Andrews University, Berrien Springs, Michigan, GPA 3.91
B.S. in Software Systems , September 2004 - May 2009 Andrews University, Berrien Springs, Michigan, GPA 3.51