- Brian Schmidt, “Optimizing Artificial Neural Networks on a GPU Platform”, Master’s Thesis, Chair: Roy Villafane
- Brian Schmidt, Dionysios Kountanis, Ala Al-Fuqaha, “A Biologically-Inspired Approach to Network Traffic Classification for Resource-Constrained Systems,” In International Symposium on Big Data Computing (BDC 2014), accepted, 2014.
- Brian Schmidt, Dionysios Kountanis, Ala Al-Fuqaha, “Artificial Immune System Inspired Algorithm for Flow-Based Internet Traffic Classification,” In CloudCom 2014, accepted, 2014.
- Brian Schmidt, Ala Al-Fuqaha, “A New Approach to Optimized Negative Selection”, In Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference (GECCO) 2014, Artificial Immune Systems Track, Madrid, Spain, July 11-15 2015
- Brian Schmidt, Ala Al-Fuqaha, Ajay Gupta, Dionysios Kountanis, "Optimizing an artificial immune system algorithm in support of flow-Based internet traffic classification." Applied Soft Computing 54 (2017): 1-22.
- Schmidt, Brian. "Artificial Immune Systems: Applications, Multi-Class Classification, Optimizations, and Analysis." (2017).